Sunday 4 May 2014

I really, really, really, want to work at the black country musem




In 2008 I went on a school strip to the Black Country Living Museum and an obsession was born. The BCM is a essentially a little time travelling village. The Museum is not your average kind with "Do not touch" signs and "press here for information" buttons ( not entirely sure if the quotations work there). The BCM is a Village made up of houses primarily from the industrial revolution ( as the black country Dudley/Birmingham was at the centre of the industrial revolution) with a couple of 1940's/1950's houses strewn here and there. There's also; a sweet shop, Ye old chippy, bakery, iron mongers, an actual coal mine, fun fair, school, silent cinema, Tug boats and lots more. As you potter round you meet the residents of the village: volunteers act out what life was like back during the industrial revolution. They invite you into their homes to share information about their lives, and our history. The Museum is a hands on experience with chances to watch a silent film, have a lesson in the Victorian school and to assist with activities such as rope work and seamanship. I cannot express how epic this place is. I am history geek. I love it!
 Find a more fluent description and info here :http://www.bclm.co.uk/

GO VISIT

I of course went armed with my camera. It was a bright day and I had forgotten my standard lens. So I had to make do with a macro. So the average setting I used was about F4/F3.5 with shutter speed anywhere between 1/1200=1/4000.

i've lost my editing software (Coral) so edited the following pics using pixlr a free on-line editing program.
The above house housed a working steam engin. hence, you know, all the steam

one of my favourite films/books ever is the railway children this is what I Imagen there house to look like
Le random milk jug
Random man in the replica drug store... we had a great conversation about finding hip bones buried in his garden
Cuppa?
Thats all for now! Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment