Wednesday 5 February 2014

a selection of my photography when it was happy

During the first term at school we did 2 projects, one based on architecture and the other on movement. Neither of these rocked my boat...I like conceptual-ism and Gothic romantic style personally. But it was a good way to get started and taught me the basic skills. the below 3 pictures are my favourites from this time.

The first Is called "all the way up". it's called this because I felt it needed a name, to make it all official like and just finished reading AFIOS...

I apologise for the red lines but if someone is going to be a gigantic arse and copy my work I'd rather make them have to spend time with the clone brush!!! If you would like to source my work that wouldbelikethemostamazingthingeverandiloveyouloads.. feel free just source it please:) I only mention this because of 2 years of researching artists!

"All the way up"- Zoetrope photography 2011- Bristol
The next image I have always lovingly called "them magic apples". This was shot on my patio with a sheet of wallpaper as a backdrop, the beautiful l September sun, and a fast shutter speed.
Them Magic apples- Zoetrope photography-2011
My Criticism of this image, is that the background should be brighter and more white, I may go back and adjust the brightness and contrast on the ol' Photoshop machine.  The third and final happy photo is "didyoutakethatzoe". I had a new photography teacher who didn't believe it was my image, a fact that pleases my little ego very much. it's official arty farty name is "Washed out"
Washed out - ZTP photograhy- 2011
I have another version of this image where the bottles have a higher saturation, it has it's own merits, but i personally prefer as it gives the image some contrast between colours.

Thanks for reading! Just to clarify my photography after this is not awful but it takes a rather  different tone...Think Gothic Alice in wonderland and red riding hood, faceless masks and ghosts that sort of thing!!!

Thanks - Let me know what you think

Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment