Tuesday 4 February 2014

Time machine madness!

Don't you just love that feeling when your delving through your things; maybe cleaning up or searching for something else, and you find forgotten treasures?  Old photos that make you stop and think " Dear lord above, why did no one stop me from looking like that" Or pieces of work/art that you were really proud of but actually have the same intellectual and artistic range of a well educated 2 year old. The wave of  Self pity and embarrassment is just delightful. OHHHH THE SHAME!!!!!!!!!

This Blog is the internet equivalent, I posted twice and entirely forgot about it! for 2 years.....The one day I was trying to figure out the complexities of connecting my YouTube and gmail accounts and Woosh, click , bang! I stumble upon Zoetrope photography. (You have  no idea, NO IDEA, how long I spent trying to come up with that name! It was a form of mild mental torture). 

and looking back those posts are pretty shoddy!  I stick by my opinion of Vivien Maier her photography is breath taking and is one of my favourite photographers. But my grammar, style and spelling is atrocious. I apologise profusely to the 15 people that viewed this Blog. Hopefully 3 A levels later this has improved! 

I cringe at all forms of self advertisement, it's simply not within me to promote my self, which is why i'm often very self depreciating of my own photography work. So thank you to those brave 15 souls that ventured onto this neglected page over the course of 2 years!

I initially started this Blog because I planned to use photography to take over the world. Mwha mwha mwhaaaa. I was undertaking my A level photography and decided that maybe I would become the next Annie Lebovits or Irving Penn. But in the end I decided to follow nursing. I am a fickle person. 

I finished my A levels last year and am now working as I systematically get rejected from Universities #Loveinglife. I've decided to return to the little fledgeling that is ZTP to try and revive my photography skills and explore something that I loved. I'm by no means and expert but that's part of the fun.

So thanks 
Zoe

Just a little bragging moment- as it's just us here I got A* in my A level!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment